The presented below nineteen names from the Healthcare sector were selected with a couple of criteria:
- Piotroski F-Score (TTM) > 6 (this measures the overall health of a company)
- Altman Z-Score (TTM) > 1.8 (1.8 is a threshold below which a stock is believed to have 80% chances of bankruptcy within two years)
- Mean analysts rating is > 4.0; in the ratings, 1 stands for Strong Sell and 5 means Strong Buy recommendation
- The number of analysts that assessed the stock > 4
Presented is also the short ratio (Short %), which indicates the number of shares that investors sell short over the average daily volume of the stock.
Each numeric parameter is marked with a color: towards green if considered to be advantageous and towards red if below expectations.
See some other screens from the investing-scientist, e.g.:
- 18 healthy stocks that recovered from Altman Z-Score Distress Zone
- Thirteen stocks from Basic Matrials sector to add to your watchlist
- 39 stocks with consistently high Piotroski F-Score
- Fifty buy candidates with nice fundamentals, judging from valuation, profitability, growth and health
The calculations were done in Python using data purchased from eodhistoricaldata.com (this is a referral link: if you register, I might earn $5).
Enjoy and feel free to comment!
|2||BPMC||Blueprint Medicines Corporation||13.18||7||8.84||4.21|
|4||COLL||Collegium Pharmaceutical Inc||1.83||7||7.73||4.1|
|5||CRL||Charles River Laboratories International Inc||3.9||7||2.37||4.35|
|6||DGX||Quest Diagnostics Incorporated||4.35||9||5.56||4.11|
|8||EBS||Emergent BioSolutions Inc||3.27||8||9.12||4.14|
|9||HCA||HCA Healthcare Inc||2.92||7||3.33||4.35|
|11||HRC||Hill-Rom Holdings Inc||3.68||7||1.1||4.5|
|12||IQV||IQVIA Holdings Inc||2.37||7||4.81||4.38|
|13||LH||Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings||4.07||8||2.72||4.5|
|15||SAGE||Sage Therapeutics Inc||18.99||7||3.44||4.23|
|16||SURF||Surface Oncology Inc||3.62||8||5.24||4.8|
|17||TMO||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc||6.1||9||2.97||4.32|
|18||UNH||UnitedHealth Group Incorporated||3.74||7||2.96||4.36|
|19||VRTX||Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated||12.46||7||2.38||4.29|
- What you see here is my personal opinion and should not be treated as an investing advice
- I’m not an expert stock analyst nor financial advisor
Michał, the Investing Scientist.
Keywords: healthcare stocks, Piotroski score, Altman score, stocks to buy